Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tapering

Tapering. Best feeling in the world. Hard training is all done. A mini vacation before the main event. I was scheduled for a 5 mile run on Wednesday night but Tuesday night was too good to pass up. I had also gotten a new pair for Asics GT-2140's for the marathon and needed to be broken in. Not sure how to describe the sensation of running in brand new shoes for the first time but it feels like you're running on air (or gel in my case). The cushioning is just so right. My very first pair of running shoes were GT-2100. There was a pair of Adrenaline GTS-7 and a gifted Pearl Izumi (best looking shoes so far) but it has always been the GT's or Kayano's protecting my feet.

I now have no run scheduled until Saturday's 8 miler. The lazy ass in me is very content with that. The other me thinks I can add a 4 miler tomorrow without messing with my legs. Right now, I think the latter me is going to win out.

Long range forecast for Chicago is looking very promising. But with the summer we had here, I'm more worried about a cold wet sleeting type of weather. I couldn't really care less if it is going to be in the 90's.

2 comments:

David said...

Even if it's in the 90's, odds are they'll have plenty of water after the 2007 heatwave. Good luck to ya.

Aggiegrad96 said...

Enjoy the taper!