Saturday, July 04, 2009

Week #2 Recap

14 weeks to go to the starting line of the Chicago Marathon. Week #2 ended with a hot, humid 12 mile long run. I was so sweaty that the Kayano's were sloshing by the 5th mile. That must be a new record for me. Interestingly, I must be acclimating to this weather, I wasn't feeling totally defeated by the end of the run although I found it impossible to maintain a 10:10 pace.

Next weekend's long run is 14 miles. I few point drop in humidity will be great.

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 2:11:25
Pace: 10:57
Calories: 1570 burnt
Shoes: Asics Kayano 14 (314.4 miles)

I just bought my next pair of running shoes. Asics GT-2130. Last year's model on sale for $65. I also bought Penguin Sport Wash to see if it'll get the stink out. This will be my second product in tech detergents. Last week I bought and used WIN detergent. The classic smell was gone from most of the tech clothes I had in the wash but one still had a very slight hint of it. So I was pleasantly surprised. The only downside was the strong fragrance.


3 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

I'll be curious to see what you think of the Penguin Sport Wash...I've been thinking about trying it out.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog...local and it has just been too hot, for me at least, to run outside. I run for fun and distance, definitely not speed. And with three little ones, my timing is not conducive to the early hours. Keep it up and I'll check in every now and then, it's nice to know I am not the only one suffering in this extreme heat out there!

Holden said...

Hello Anon! Thank you for stopping by.