Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Voted Today

I spent the last day and half at the Montgomery County Court house to answer summons for Jury Duty.  That's how long it took for this particular case to pick jurors.  It was a drunk driving case that included death of 2 innocent people.  Fortunately for me, I was not picked.  As I was leaving, I noticed a polling place across the street so there I went and got my voting fix taken care of also.

I voted for:

McCain/Palin
Cornyn
Brady

I could go into a long dissertation on why I voted for these fellows but this is not the right forum for that.  I also must not forget to pick-up my half marathon packet this week.

I also voted for Fred Edwards, the 9th district judge, the same presiding judge at the trial I was at. I personally think judges should be appointed rather than voted but what the heck, until rules change, I guess I'll be voting for them.

Go vote.  Many a people suffered and died for this right that we take for granted today.

4 comments:

Evan Guy said...

Good man, I'll follow your lead...thumbs up...

WalkSports.com said...

Ditto. Thank goodness we're good enough friends that we don't have to split our TIR vans along party lines. :)

Tiggs said...

LOL I still like ya'll even tho I Barack'ed the vote. I did vote for some republican judges...

K said...

I'll be following suit tomorrow. Truthfully I can't wait for this election to be over. I've had all the coverage I can take.

I need to wean off of the news channels and start getting into some mindless stuff again...