Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Little Running Here and There

Another 4 plus miles on the Lake Woodlands Drive on Friday and a nice long one this morning rounds out my weekend running. First weekend of September and the temps are feeling decidedly cooler, at least in the mornings.

Date: 09/07/2008 5:41 AM
Type: Long run
Distance: 13.2 miles
Time: 2 hr 08 min 52 secs
Pace: 9:46 min/miles
Shoes: Asics Kayano XIII #2 - 54.7 miles
Weight: 177 lbs
Calories burned: 1709.9 kcal

Today's run reminded why I love running.

While running on Chochran's crossing, I ran alongside 5 does. In the semi darkness, the straggler doe stopped and turned around to see what lumpy and ungraceful specie was running besides them. Then one by one, they all stopped and turned to sate their curiosity to see me trundle by. I was just hoping that a big antlered stag wasn't near by. I'd hate to be chased by one of those. Amazing how they don't make much noise bounding about.

In the wee hours of the night, every time I took a swig from my green Amphipod, I tilted my head towards the heavens and was greeted by a beautiful star studded black sky. Then watching the night turn to day somehow gives me a sense of renewed hope for anything that comes across my mind.

Keep running!

No comments: