Sunday, September 07, 2008

Carbo Gain - 100% Complex Carbohydrates


I was killing time at our local HEB store the other day and came across this product.  I'm not sure what maltodextrin does for long runs but here is my synopsis from this morning's 13 miler.  I put half a cups worth into my Amphipod and drank it during the first half of the run (at which point I had to re-fill the Amphipod with playground water dispenser) and here is what I have learnt.

1.  It doesn't give me diarrhea which is always a good thing.
2.  It has a mild pasty taste but was not bothersome.
3.  I had a bloated stomach feel which wasn't bothering the run but it was "there."
4.  I finished the run feeling good but that could have been attributed to good weather.

Has anyone else used this product?

1 comment:

Jamoosh said...

Depending on the distance, I use Heed or Perpetuem by Hammer Nutrition.