Friday, September 12, 2008

Calm Before IKE

Went out for a quick run around the neighborhood. Everything looked very normal and calm. Other than having a feel of an early Saturday morning, things looked pretty OK in my neighborhood. The only reminder of impending storm was one house that boarded up their windows, albeit only on the first floor. It's a strange feeling, knowing that everything is normal now, yet by the day's end, should the storm track not change, there will be howling winds battering my neighborhood.

Ike has already changed my weekend plans. This Sunday is Korean Thanksgiving. I was scheduled to fly up to Chicago on Saturday afternoon except, Southwest, bless their hearts called me last night to tell me that my flight is cancelled and I need to re-book. So much for hanging out with Mom this weekend... I'm sure Dad understands.

Time: 7:33 AM
Type: Recovery
Distance: 4.15 miles
Time: 42 min 24 secs
Pace: 10:13 min/miles
Shoes: Asics Kayano XIII #2 - 63 miles
Weight: 176 lbs
Calories burned: 534.7 kcal

No stamina today. Legs felt very tired.

After the run, I took the whole family to Panera Bread at the Woodlands Mall and enjoyed a very relaxing breakfast.

Be Safe!

3 comments:

Steeeve said...

Out west, George Bush Park was lousy with runners and cyclists this morning. Everybody is off work, and everybody workout-wise is treating today as if it were tomorrow.

K said...

Stay safe, Holden!

Jamoosh said...

Holden, I hop you and the family are all sae and sound in the aftermath.