Sunday, August 10, 2008

Saturday Long Run

Time of Day: 6:02 AM
Distance: 10.51 miles
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 - 211.4 miles total on these shoes
Weight: 176 lbs

There was some insider information about a birthday cake early Saturday morning. Not wanting to miss out on that, I found myself at the YMCA parking lot on Saturday morning. A bunch of Woodlands Fitters training for fall marathon were already assembled. Apparently, it was Karen F's birthday. Karen is training for another Ultra race. The November San Antonio marathon is only a training run for her. Anyhow, Karen was leading a group on a 12 plus miles which I didn't think would be a good idea for me. But Jon Walk was planning a run to the other YMCA which was just under 5 miles away. He was running one way and I wanted to put in about 10 miles or so. So I ran with Jon. For those who haven't tried running and carrying out a conversation, give it a try. It's a lot of fun and can get pretty profound. It also melts the miles away. The return trip by myself felt much longer and harder. I also managed to get lost briefly and added another mile to my run.

1 comment:

K said...

So good to see you Saturday, Holden. Please join us again whenever you can!!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!