Wednesday, July 09, 2008

July

It's July all of a sudden. Hello everyone! Feels like I've been gone a very long time. I've gotten back to running after a long hiatus due to shin splints and other personal issues. Well, it's all behind me now and am back pounding the concrete around The Woodlands.


Time of Day: 6:37 PM
Distance: 4.64 miles
Time: 44 min 42 secs
Pace: 9:38 min/miles
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 - 158.6 miles total on these shoes
Weight: 174 lbs.
Calories burned: 591.8 kcal

Nothing like running in the warm afternoon heat. So long as I keep to a slower pace, it feels O.K. Can't say the same about my running shoes' sole though. It's melting away on the hot concrete.

I think I can make it to the RTW 5K this Saturday. It feels good to get back on some kind of routine.

Thanks for all those kind words!

8 comments:

Tiggs said...

Holden- welcome back!!!

Evan said...

RTW!

K said...

YOU ARE BACK!!!! God Is Good!

Vic said...

Not a bad little run for just getting back from a "long hiatus

Streaker said...

See you at RTW on Saturday. Lets all meet at Skeeters for breakfast after the race.

K said...

I have Fit on Saturday morning, but should be done by RTW time. Maybe I'll head over to cheer you all on! On of course have breakfast with you guys!!

Adrienne said...

Hi Holden! Good to hear from ya again!

WalkSports.com said...

Was thinking about you early this morning. Glad to see that you were back out at RTW on Saturday!