Sunday, July 27, 2008

Big Ear

I've been sidelined by a HUGE EAR and I mean huge. The left ear was about twice as big as my right on Tuesday. Doctor wasn't sure what it was but the betting money was on an insect or an arachnid bite. Whatever. It was itchy on Monday afternoon and by Tuesday morning, the ear was throbbing with pain. So to cover all bases I was on antibiotics, antihistamine and Aleve for fever reducing. Yes, I was also running a 99.6 Deg. F. temp. So the whole week was not so good for any physical activity. I was tired and sleepy most of the time. By Friday, it started to feel much better and am now proud owners of two equal sized ears.

I tried to go running late this afternoon. I was no match for this "dry" heat.

Time: 7:15 PM
Distance: 4.3 miles
Time: 45 min 34 secs
Pace: 10:36 min/miles
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 - 187.7 miles total on these shoes
Weight: 176

Can you say S L O W ?

Such is the wimpish state of my running.

5 comments:

Tiggs said...

you mean you didn't post a picture of the huge ear!?!?!

K said...

I hope someone got pictures! I have a strange visual in my mind, half-Holden, half-Alfred E Newmann...

Besides, that's great ammunition for the wife and kids to have!!

Vic said...

Must have pictures.

Evan said...

Welcome back! Again. Let's go runnin! We surely noticed your absence at RTW!

David said...

Glad to see your still running. With the Houston Marathon coming up that should keep you motivated. Good luck training!