Saturday, April 26, 2008

RTW 5K P.R!

I did it! New 5K P.R! Woo Hoo!

Time: 23 min 53 secs
Pace: 7:42 min/miles
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 (86.62)

Mile 1: 7:30
Mile 2: 7:41
Mile 3: 7:56
0.1: 0:44

It is also my first time going sub 8 min/mile for all 3 miles. Once again, I went all out from the start and just hung on during the last mile. The wheels almost fell off but I survived. The heart managed not to explode out of the chest cavity, just barely.

Karen came and ran also. I think she P.R.'ed too!

7 comments:

Katy said...

Dang Holden..you're on a roll! You and Karen tore it up today!!

Congrats!

TX Runner Girl said...

Wow, that's awesome!!! CONGRATS!

David said...

Well done- keep on pushing the limit- impressive.

Tiggs said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

Hey Holden, it's me, Evan. I've stumbled onto your blog here, cool deal. From the looks of it, you're way more structured in your running....I wish I was even a little bit structured.

Anyway, it does seem that I finish the RTW races just right in front of you. So in a competitive sense, I'm keeping up my pace to ensure you don't blow by me! The day it happens, I'll "turn up the wick" and start running again! I enjoy running with you, thanks!

Best,
Evan Guy

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

so...you have officially beaten my 5k PR! i think you are getting faster then me:)

Jamoosh said...

Rock on Holden!!!!