Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recovery

After running away from Memorial Park with my tail between the legs (come to think of it, "running away" is probably a bad example in this case) I laced my GTS's again and headed out. Except, being the wimp that I am, I ran with the temps in the 70's. That 10 degrees difference made me go from seeing my life flashing by to just plain old, "why do my legs feel like lead and why are my quads so tired?"

Distance: 4.6 miles
Time: 40 min 19 secs
Pace: 8:46 min/miles
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 (79.28)
Weight: 174 lbs.
Calories burned: 587 kcal

Pace was all over the place.

Mile 1: 8:59
Mile 2: 8:42
Mile 3: 9:03
Mile 4: 8:35
0.60: 5:00

One last attempt at the record books this Saturday before the summer inferno settles around here. I'm going to see if I can achieve New Balance.... and hit 23:59 at the RTW 5K.

2 comments:

K said...

I may just have to go to RTW to cheer you on, Holden!

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

hope all is well...you are going to be passing me up some day soon:) my 5k goal is 24:00 :) come visit sometime!