Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Memorial Park Run

Sometimes the running Gods giveths, sometimes they taketh away. Low 80's and moderate humidity under cloudy conditions didn't sound too bad. My plan was to run 2 loops and notch 5.8 miles. Perhaps I'm not used to even these moderately hot conditions because I was in trouble from the first mile. So I went from two loops to maybe gut out the second loop to am I going to be able to add the extra 10th of a mile so I can get 3 in?

Time of Day: 12:15 PM
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 26 min 03 secs
Pace: 8:41 min/miles
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 (74.68)
Weight: 174 lbs.
Calories burned: 382.8 kcal

I started at the water fountain by the tennis center and when I made the loop, my Garmin read exactly 2.90 miles. How's that for accuracy? I "gutted" out an additional 10th of a mile to notch 3 miles for the day. Some days, you just don't have it.

Mile 1: 8:39
Mile 2: 8:44
Mile 3: 8:38

2 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Thank you for the confirmation that it wasn't just me today.

Holden said...

You're welcome! I think the Universe might have been out of balance.