Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Humid!

Distance: 7 miles
Time: 1 hr 06 min 46 secs
Pace: 9:32 min/miles
Shoes: Asics Kayano XIII (333.23)
Weight: 174 lbs.
Calories burned: 892.9 kcal

This was by far the toughest run of the year. Not a single step felt comfortable. Perhaps the 97% humidity had something to do with it. I sweated a lot, drank a lot and keptd wishing the run would end soon. Luckily, I did not get rained on.

Mile 1: 8:57
Mile 2: 8:55
Mile 3: 9:38
Mile 4: 9:55
Mile 5: 8:50
Mile 6: 11:28
Mile 7: 9:02

On Sunday, I went to Huntsville and enjoyed the company of 7 Hill Runners. There was a club run involved. A 5K or a 5 miler. I think this is an annual thing and in past years, it was run in the Hunstville State Park. But to save the park entry fee, this year's event was held at the Lampson Ranch. Brilliant! I love saving money. I could be wrong, but I think the Lampson Ranch is as big or bigger than the park. In fact, it might be bigger than a small country like Liechtenstein. If not bigger, I bet the Lampsons have more Brangus cows than Liechtenstein. I love saying that. Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein...... I digress.

I was also late. I was about 10 minutes late. I felt so bad. They were all waiting for me. Sorry! I elected to run the 5K, being that it was getting a little warm and that I'd already run a 4 miler in the morning. The course was neat. It was mostly all trail with big puddles of muddy water. At one point, I had to do a looooong jump to get over a BIG puddle. Fun!

My time was 26:41 which included a pitstop in the woods. No port-a-potties on the course. :) Everyone got a nice looking medal and a grilled hamburger for post race festivities. So, next year, come on out and join in the fun, it's hosted by great folks, JP and Katy Lampson, it's at a beautiful ranch, on a beautiful trail and you get to hang out under the shade and look out on to the pasture with grazing cows. All this for $3.

7 comments:

K said...

It sounds like a great time! Hopefully I can make it next year. I'd like to see you make that Looooong jump again!

Barbara said...

I kept trying to match up your 5k time with the splits listed in this post.

Did Not Compute.

See, I need you to split those into 2 separate posts.

What do you mean by no port-a-potties? That sounds like their land has extra seasoning on it now.

Yeah, seasoning. Since I can't remember the nicer word for manure.

Holden said...

I was only depressurizing my bladder not my colon.

Tiggs said...

what time of day was the humid run? I ran last night and it was humid, but not killer humid.

Holden said...

Hi C.M.,

It was early AM.

Katy said...

Liechtenstein...that's funny! I went there once and I mailed myself something from the only post office just so I would have something posted marked from Liechtenstein. You crack me up!

I'm so sorry I missed the long jump. Glad you made it out for the festivities!

Holden said...

Halfway through the loooong jump flight, I wasn't really sure if I had enough "umph" at the takeoff. This despite being slightly lighter having just emptied my bladder. As it turns out, I made it with less than half a shoe length cushion. Otherwise, it'd have been mud splash city.