Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April In Review

I closed out April with 113.9 miles under my shoes. Not as impressive as some of my TIR teammates but pretty productive for me. Listening to one's body should be a mantra with long distance running, something I don't do too well. I'm going to try to be better at it though. As I close out the month, my left shin has been letting me know that it's there. So, to alleviate any pain problems later on, I am going to take the next week or so a little easier than normal.

April has been pretty good to me. I became faster by notching two 5K P.R.'s. I am now a sub 24 minute runner. Pretty cool. I can now dare to dream of breaking 23 minutes and becoming a 22 minute and something seconds runner. That would be awesome.

6 comments:

Katy said...

22 - you can do it! by the time the relay rolls around again, we're all gonna be so fast we might win the danged thing! :)

Adrienne said...

I agree with Katy...we're gonna be awesome!! Hope the vans can keep up!

TX Runner Girl said...

Sounds like a great April! :-)

K said...

Listen to your body, Holden. It's saying WAY TO GO!!

Anonymous said...

Having vowed to stay ahead of you during the RTW races, this is gonna get painful! Easy man, easy.

Best,
Evan :)

Bill D said...

I do agree that you have a 22 in your future. Great running in April.