Saturday, March 22, 2008

RTW 5K

A new record. No, not a running one. I got out of bed at 7:30, did the morning bathroom rituals and was at the RTW by 7:45. I was technically awake at 7 but being sleep deprived from driving most of the 2,200 miles myself, I was trying to talk myself into sleeping in. I would have too except I then told myself that at TIR, I ran with even less sleep.

Time of Day: 8 AM
Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 25 min 04 secs
Pace: 8:05 min/miles
Shoes: Asics Kayano XIII (295.72)
Weight: 172 lbs.
Calories burned: 391.6 kcal

Mile 1: 7:55
Mile 2: 7:56
Mile 3: 8:26
0.1: 0:45

Weather conditions were perfect for setting P.R.'s, which is what my fellow 7 Hiller Katy Lampson did. Me on the other hand did not.

3 comments:

K said...

Maybe not a PR for running, but not too shabby either!

Sorry I didn't make it. The baby had me up a lot last night and I was bleary-eyed at 7 am...

Would it be a sin to run on Easter morning before everyone gets up???

Katy said...

Aww. Holden, you're so sweet! Sorry I was kinda a freak at the finish line. I was just excited. You were the first to know! :)

TIR '09 Goal = Holden is happy I'm there, and not because of Adrienne. ;) It will happen - I can feel it!

Good to see ya!

WalkSports.com said...

I did a lot of what you did at RTW yesterday morning the first year that I started to run. I suppose it is where I picked up my race addiction ... but it's a good one, especailly with the great people that I've been able to meet and know over much of the last five years.

Sometimes it is more about the actual race.