Friday, March 21, 2008

i just completed a 2,200 mile road trip with my family plus a dog and managed not to turn into an ax murderer

Because an ax was not available and it would have taken too long with my little swiss army knife.

Time of Day: 5:30 PM
Distance: 4.19 miles
Time: 37 min 21 secs
Pace: 8:55 min/miles
Shoes: Asics Kayano XIII (292.62)
Weight: 172 lbs.
Calories burned: 529 kcal

Mile 1: 8:50
Mile 2: 9:03
Mile 3: 9:00
Mile 4: 8:43
0.19: 1:45

We just returned from a road trip to Chicago. Thankfully, I hadn't gained any weight which is contrary to the norm as I eat and eat and eat through the endless miles. It was also too cold for me to go running in Chicago. Day time highs did hit into the lower 40's but when you are constantly shivering, it doesn't inspire you to shed clothes to go out running. Of course, this is after acclimating to Houston weather for the past 5 years. I did see a bunch of Chicagoans running. They probably thought it was perfect March weather to be running. Well this afternoon was perfect March weather for me. Temps in the 70's with humidity in the 50% range. Great for nice and easy.

4 comments:

K said...

Glad you are back! Will you be at RTW tomorrow?

Ax murdering... very bad. Especially during Holy Week...

Adrienne said...

That IS an accomplishment! Maybe being cooped up in a minivan for a weekend was of some practice? How's the running in Chicago in the fall? I will be at a conference there. Happy Easter!

Holden said...

Fall running is perfect. If you're going to be there in October, the Chicago Marathon is a great way to see the city.

Katy said...

You drove to Chicago? Holy Cow. I have a whole new respect!