Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon

Few nights ago, I informed my wife that I'll be spending Thursday evening at the movies to watch Spirit of the Marathon. From the "look" I got, I presumed correctly that I'll be going by myself. LOL. Non running folks. What can I say?

Most of the movie was shot in Chicago so it was doubly special for me as I have spent 21 years of my life there. After the movie, I was glad to know that Daniel Njenga won the Tokyo Marathon twice (thanks wikipedia!).

The documentary is surprisingly well made albeit a little old. 2005. It brought back a lot of memory from my own first time marathon, the 2006 Houston Marathon.

This was a great evening. Now I'm psyched about the TIR race.

In other news, I bought a ball. I wasn't feeling very manly so the urge to splurge got to me. It's a 65 cm inflatable type. (Why are exercise balls sized in metric?) My abs are currently on fire. Balancing on that sucker is way harder than I thought.

2 comments:

K said...

I wanted to see that tonight, but the evil cold/flu folks showed up and dropped their junk on me...

I hope it will be on DVD soon...

bar-bar-a said...

A bosu is good to have too. You, oh tall one...I have a 55cm ball.