Saturday, February 23, 2008

Run The Woodlands 5K

Time: 24 min 39 secs
Pace: 7:57 min/miles
Shoes: Asics Kayano XIII (245.81)
Weight: 173 lbs.
Calories burned: 393.7 kcal (958.2 kcal/hr)

I broke my record this morning. My last P.R. time was 24:44 set back in April of 2006. It's only a 5 second P.R. but never the less, I feel like I'm peaking at the right moment for the TIR race next weekend. I don't have mile by mile breakdown because I erased my time accidentally. I also told Rick Cook that I beat my time by 30 seconds. Doh! Sorry Rick. I was probably still oxygen deprived and apparently looking at something other than my finish time.

Strategy this morning once again was going out as fast as I could and trying to hold on to the end. To that effect, I remember the first mile coming up at 7:25 which is a pretty fast pace for me. Lungs felt like it was going to explode around half way point. Then I started to get stitches on the right side by mile 2. Strangely, the urge to throw up never came. Perhaps I wasn't pushing hard enough?

In no news, I did 3 miles on the treadmill last night. Yawn.

4 comments:

K said...

AWESOME! I am so happy for you! Heading into the TIR on a high note. Good thing Bill's team was given a minute lead ahead of us...LOL

WalkSports.com said...

Joe PR's.
Holden PR's.

I like the Mojo headed into next weekend. Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Congrats Holden!

Tiggs said...

yay!!! WOOT WOOT!