Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Morning Long Run

Shoe Update:

The new Kayano 13's only have 3 miles in them but the retired pair is in the washing machine and so I had no choice but to wear the new pair. I'm having some heel slippage issue with the new Kayanos and so after researching multiple lacing methods on the net, I decided to use the last set of eyelets on the shoe for the first time in my life. It seems to have done the trick. No issues what so ever with the shoes today, other than tying my left one too tight but it wasn't bothersome enough to stop running to loosen it. I even drank on the run. So, no walk breaks today.

Weather was nice this morning. I think it was in the low 60's at the start. I love starting my long runs in the dark. Stars were out in full view when I started. Sun had just peaked over the tree line when I finished. Perfect way to start the day.

Run Summary:

Distance: 10.2 miles
Time: 1:36:15
Pace: 9:26/mile
Shoes: Asics Gel Kayano 13 (13.3 miles)

4 comments:

Dirt Runner said...

try this method. Leave the last 2 eyelets open. Make a loop on each side of your shoes using the last eyelet and leaving the second to last eyelet open. Cross the laces into the loops and pull tight. If this doesn't make sense, I'll shoot you a photo. All Asics shoes have wide heel boxes.

Bar-bar-a said...

You wash your shoes? Seriously, I've never washed any of them. Do you let them go through the spin cycle? Give me the scoop!

I must have fat heels; I've never had any slippage with mine.

TX Runner Girl said...

I do what dirt runner suggested...works like a charm. BTW, I've also never washed my running shoes. :-)

Holden said...

Please do send a photo!