Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Recovery Run

Recovery and new shoes.

I suppose technically, I'm still recovering from the near marathon (which is kind of like near beer.....and both are very lacking in satisfaction) but since that was really like a long run, I really don't have to worry about recovery. That explains why my 10 miler time was so good this past weekend.

After work weather conditions weren't too bad. 83 with medium to high humidity. I have finally retired my Asics Gel Kayano 12's and introduced my feet to Kayano 13's. First impressions. They feel lighter but also less cushiony. It also felt a little stiffer than the 12's. Perhaps they need to be broken in even though I don't remember 11's and 12's needing to be broken in. Having tired legs didn't help matters either.

My legs felt pretty flat, no spring in it at all. Perhaps they need a little more rest. The 3rd mile was a little trying and I was glad it was over when the end came.

Mile 1: 9:00
Mile 2: 8:42
Mile 3: 8:14
0.1: 0:47

Total: 26:44
Pace: 8:37/mile

No comments: