Saturday, October 13, 2007

Lesson Learned

I made a small change to my long distance race routine. On today's 10 for Texas, I carried a $10 bill with me for the first time in my racing career. This is my new emergency measure to take away any possibility of not being able to buy a drink should such a need arises. Knowing I had the bill gave me an extra measure of confidence.

It also allowed me to celebrate my P.R. by buying myself a Grande Coffee at Market Place Starbucks right after the run. :)

4 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

You might want to carry a bit more than that in March! But my question: Where on the course would have you been able to stop and get something other than Market Street? :)

txrunnergirl said...

LOL, I think having some cash is always a great idea. You just never know!

Holden said...

Panther Creek shopping mall is by Gosling and Woodlands Parkway around mile 4. There is a gas station there and a grocery store I think. Other than that, none. At the Relay in March, I suppose we're really not going to pass by much civilization for the bulk of the run. But then, all the distances are pretty short.

WalkSports.com said...

We'll be running through lots of small towns. Perhaps I need to get my team acquainted to the TIR map! :)