Monday, October 01, 2007

Flying on 9-11-07


I'm kind of way behind on a bunch of posts. I flew to Cleveland on 9-11 this year. There was only about 30 passengers flying with me that day. In fact, I had the whole exit row to myself. A B737 with only 30 folks pretty much guarantees a row of seats to every passenger. I don't think I've been on such an empty flight since Reagan was President. I suppose there still is some stigma attached to 9-11 and flying. As I was pondering the meaning of that dreadful event, I saw the rising sun's reflection coming off these cloud formation. It was really beautiful to watch as the high bypass CFM 56 turbofan engines powered our jet towards Cleveland.

4 comments:

TX Runner Girl said...

I am just now catching up on my blog reading. Welcome back!

Sarah said...

Cool picture!

David Smart said...

Neat sunrise.

Maybe I'll see you at 10 for Texas. I may be working the chip table again this year, then I plan to run afterwards.

JustJunebug said...

hey i flew to cleveland on 9-11 this year too!! but i was on my way to NY via cleveland and on a bigger plane going...too weird.