Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mama Mia!

Hobby Center, Main Lobby. Mama Mia! is in town and I thought it would be great to go see that with my Frannie. Being 41, I do recollect ABBA music blasting from all sorts of radios back in the 70's. I mostly lived in Spain during that decade and them Swedes used to be really BIG in Europe back then. Brought back lots of early childhood memory. I don't do too many musicals so I don't really know how this one rates but we had a blast. It's happy, people around you are dressed well and polite and there is a cash bar in the lobby. Cultured Americana at it's best.

Not running too much. I should really go see someone about that. I am slowly getting back though. 7.5 miles last weekend. 3 miles twice during the week. Coughing is still there however. So Chicago is now out of the question. What a waste of money, factoring in airfare. I'm still going, my parents still live there so I'll drop by for the weekend. As a consolation prize, I'll run to my high school again as I did a few years back.
Looking beyond next weekend, I have the Woodlands 10 miler coming up weekend after that. I think I can finish that one. Then hopefully, I'll be fit enough to run the Houston Half.
Getting out of the house to walk the dog this morning, the dry cool air hinted at a coming fall weather. This is the beginning of the best Houston running weather. Run well my runner friends. Run well.

1 comment:

jamoosh said...

ABBA Rocks!!!