Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hand Written on Moleskine Notebook

CO 1623

Flying over to New Orleans for a day trip to Houma. Visiting one of our biggest customer's facility who is experiencing quality issues. Captain just came on and said that we're just east of Beaumont, scheduled to land just about on time despite leaving almost 30 minutes behind schedule. Or should I say, departed the gate on time but hung around the taxiway for about half an hour.

I have not had a chance to go back to running yet. I find that had to do when you cough up phlegm. This "mild" cold is lasting longer than I expected. But what is one to do when confronted with these situations? In the past, I did not take these situations well. Angst and uneasiness about falling behind in training schedule brought stress. Now, I look upon these downtimes as a time to let my joints and muscles to recover, to rejuvenate, to be ready for the next phase.....like the TIR. LOL.

As I look at my training schedule now, I am going to be a week behind target. I was to have run a 20K distance last weekend. I did not. But so what?

Sleep. Yes, I need to figure out how to get more of it. 2007 is turning out to be a sleep deprived year. Most years, I was able ot average 7-8 hours of sleep. This year, especially since I decided to do weekday runs in the morning, I have been averaging about 6 hours of sleep. I am not getting used to this change in habit. I am constantly tired during the day. Bad thing is, even on non-running days, I cannot seem to sleep in. Apparently, I cannot get used to 6 hours of sleep but can get used to waking up early. Sheesh. The only way to solve this dilemma is to go to bed around 9 PM. Well, having been a night owl all my life, this is one habit I am having supreme difficulty in breaking.

Looks like we're decending now fo a landing at MSY. Holden out.

P.S. Damned hard landing. Ouch!

1 comment:

TX Runner Girl said...

Glad you made it to N.O. safely. I agree that managing with less sleep takes some getting used to...I'm still trying!