Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sleeping In

Slept in this morning. The alarm was set to 4:50 AM. No matter. Once I came around, it was 6:2o AM, 10 minutes before my normal departure time for work. Darn.

So this meant running after work. Not as palatable in the summer months but what else to do?

Time: 7:30 PM
Temp: 85 F
Humidity: 73%
Heat Index: 95 F
Distance: 3.1 Miles

Mile 1: 8:42
Mile 2: 8:36
Mile 3: 8:14
0.1: 0:43

Time: 26:16
Pace: 8:28
Shoes: Kayano XII (196.6 miles)

Intent was to do a slow recovery run from Sunday's long run, but once the mile one time came in at 8:42, I thought I could maintain a nice tempo run pace despite the heat. I managed to keep pace however, the body was struggling, my finishing heart rate was 180, substantially higher than my normal 150 range. The run was a struggle but sitting here after a cool shower and a nice cold bottle of St. Arnold's Amber, I am feeling pretty content. Now I feel much better about keeping pace with "weak ankle" Barb.

1 comment:

jamoosh said...

Recovery run... Let me guess "Choi" translated means "Velocity"