Sunday, May 20, 2007

Running Muse (Is that a real word?)

We probably experienced the last great running weather this weekend before the onslaught of summer heat and humidity. I ended this week with two 5K runs and a 7.5 miler. Not exactly on a torrid pace to get ready for any type of distance run. However, one does what one can under the circumstances. I probably need to lay off running for a few weeks to get the tender right knee to heal up. The back side where the hamstring ends is giving me tightness issue. I've been stretching them on regular intervals to appease it.


Run Summary:


Distance: 7.5 miles
Time: 9:41/mile
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano XII (117.4 miles)

I'm staring at a new pair of Kayano XIII that I bought recently. That is my motivation to get the mileage to pile up on my current pair.

My wife Francesca and I will be at the Astro's Race next weekend. Hope to see a bunch of you there!