Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Another 3 Miler

7:45 PM, in front of my drive way, decked out in my favorite Red Nike running shirt, a navy blue New Balance shorts, navy blue Nike socks and my favorite Asics Gel-Kayano XII. I set my Timex to Chronograph, hit the start button and off I went. Being a dad and all, before all that, I had to pick up dinner at Buca di Beppo, drop off dinner at home, change quickly into running gear, drive over to the Y, pick up son from Tae Kwon Do and then drive back home...whew.

I think the weather was a little cooler and less humid than Monday. The run, I'm happy to report, went much better.

Mile 1: 8:28
Mile 2: 8:18
Mile 3: 7:58
0.1: 0:44
Pace: 8:13/mile
Shoes: Kayano XII (96.2 miles)

At the very spot I quit on Monday, I told myself that I won't be getting any tiramisu for dessert I got at Buca di Beppo should I quit today. That was motivation enough to get me motoring all the way to the finish line.

Next Run: RTW 5K, Saturday, 12th of May.

Total: 25:31

2 comments:

jamoosh said...

YOu need a sepcial backpack so you can "run" out and get dinner...

Pony and Petey said...

Awesome job, Dude! Way to hang in there and push all the way...even speeding up at the end!!