Saturday, May 12, 2007

Alden Bridge Loop

I have a favorite weekend course that is not too long and not too short. It has enough elevation to make your heart race but not enough to cause a cardiac arrest. It's my very own course and I call it, "The Alden Bridge Loop." The course is 7.5 miles long, it starts and ends in front of my house and it involves going around the Alden Bridge Loop, the same loop used by the RTW 5K. This morning, I timed it just right so when I was at the Crownridge and Alden Bridge intersection, I was able to see the RTW 5K runners racing by. The very first runner was John Yoder, aka Pizza Man, who already had a half block lead against the next fasted runner. I was surprised to see John as he doesn't usually venture this far north and before my brain could send a command to my vocal cords to say "Hi Pizza Man!" he was gone. A few runners later, I saw Jon Walk who was in the midst of racing two 5K's this morning.

Run Stats:

Distance: 7.5 miles
Time: 1:14:55
Pace: 9:59/mile
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano XII (103.7 miles)

It's encouraging to note that my fitness level is slowly returning and I am slowly becoming re-climatized to the hot and humid Houston summer weather.

Impluse purchase of the week: Asics Gel-Kayano XIII (like I need another pair of running shoes right now.)

3 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Psst ... let's not talk about how many makes up a "few"! :)

It was good to see you this morning!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I wasn't able to say "Hi!" while I was running. My heaving lungs prevented any words from ever getting out during a 5K race.

You're right. I don't often venture that far north, but dropping my sister off at the airport early Saturday morning gave me a good excuse to "Run The Woodlands".

john yoder~

txrunnergirl said...

Gotta love this weather! I was going to comment to the most recent post, but it looks like the comments are off. BTW, hope to see you an Francesca on Sat!