Tuesday, January 09, 2007

One More 3 Miler

Weather aside, I'm trying to decide on which pair of shoes to wear for the big run. I have a pair of Asics Gel-Kayano XI with 268.5 miles on them. This pair has been used to run the Texas 10 Miler, Houston Half Marathon, San Antonio Half Marathon, HMSA 25K and Sunmart 50K. I also have a pair of Asics Gel-Kayano XII with 16.8 miles on them. The former pair has been thoroughly broken in. I think the latter pair is barely broken in. But the XII is lighter and cushier. Decisions, decisions.

Today, I ran with the older XI which hasn't seen any action since Sunmart. I haven't run much since then and have used the new pair to break 'em in. But mostly it was because the pain and agony of Sunmart is now mentally bearable enough for me to wear running gear from that day. I'm definitely investing in a pair of trail shoes for my next 50K.

Temps: 60's and sunny
Time: Noon
Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 26:13
Pace: 8:27/mile

I've almost forgotten about these warmer weather runs. My body started to feel it by the second mile.. I hope the forecast turns a little more favorable to the runners this Sunday.

I stopped by HEB last night and bought rice milk, french bread and Clif Shots. I've been drinking a lot of soy milk, rice milk and eating a lot of bread lately. Clif shot Mocha and Razz will be my condiments for the run. It looks as if the day will be cloudy with some chances of rain. I've ran in the rain before, I just haven't run 26.2 miles in the rain. I wonder what that feels like.

2 comments:

bar-bar-a said...

I'm thinking if it does rain, it probably won't for the duration of the race. I'm planning on starting out in some nice cool weather, just a little breeze and no precipitation.

Then, about halfway through I've ordered up some light showers - nothing to slippery but just enough to cool me off.

If I could just figure out how to guarantee that, I'd be a very rich woman.

JustJunebug said...

well barbara is optimistic. me not so much.

i am mentally preparing for the worst. raining cats and dogs off and on, depending what part of town you are in, cause well it IS houston.