Friday, January 26, 2007

Getting Faster Again

What does dry, low humidity, 40 something degree temperature cause? Faster times if you're a runner. I was able to get in a quick 7 PM run last night. This despite being super hungry and seeing dinner already laid out on the table. As soon as I got home, I changed and went out for a nice and pleasant run.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Mile 1: 8:19
Mile 2: 8:04
Mile 3: 8:00
0.1 mile: 0:48
Total: 25:12
Pace: 8:07/mile

Maybe I have a shot at setting a new P.R. at this weekend's RTW 5K. My current plan is to run over there (3 miles), race it (3.1 miles) and then run back (3 miles), to give me 9.1 miles for the day. I wonder if I'll still have enough juice left to book it during the race. But then, there is no guarantee that the weather will cooperate tomorrow.

2 comments:

TX Runner Girl said...

I love this weather! I am hoping to have this same weather at a few of the 5Ks this year and hopefully PR. :-)

jamoosh said...

I feel it - Holden Choi: Speed Master. PR at RTW!