Friday, December 08, 2006

Bleh....

Yesterday was not a good day. From cold spells to breaking out in cold sweat. I quit early and came home in the afternoon. I took a really hot bath and slept until 8PM. Got up, ate a little despite having no appetite and went back to bed after popping Nyquil.

I called in sick today, missing a meeting and a deadline. But due to modern telecommunication technology, I am still able to stare at an Excel spreadsheet and work. Yea! Hopefully, I can still finish one project. I'm taking a break right now to write this entry....

Benadryl seems to be the only thing that helps me keep my nose dry. So to counteract the drowsiness factor, I'm drinking coffee. Right now, I feel totally awake but not alert. A strange sensation.

50K is tomorrow. I'm angry at my current state. If I don't run, it will be my very first race that I'll miss. Other than $80 going down the drain, I am despondent because I trained for it and won't be able to reap the rewards. On the other hand, if I do run, I wonder if I'd finish. I wonder how much pain and agony I'd be in. I wonder how slow I'd be. I wonder if it's even worth it.

I'll go pick up my race packet during lunch anyway. It should at least feel like a mini therapy. If there is any anger left, I'll have to re-direct that energy into running a good Houston Marathon.

Bummin out in The Woodlands.

4 comments:

bar-bar-a said...

Oh no Holden. I hated to have to read your post today. I hope there's a miraculous recovery for tomorrow and you get to run it.

Dirt Runner said...

I say run the 6 mile out and back and if you feel good keep going, if you feel bad stop.

WalkSports.com said...

Dress warm and in layers. See you in Huntsville in the morning.

K said...

If you can manage to get out of bed, I say go for it! You never know what the adrenaline will help you to acheive once you get there.

Hope you get well quickly!-