Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Recovery Run

After a long meeting in Austin and driving back home, it was nice to hit my favorite 3 miler around Alden Bridge. Legs felt decent but sluggish. Hitting my first mile marker, I realize I'm pretty slow today. Then I lose myself in the run. Mile 2 comes up and my trusty Timex tells me that I'm running faster. Unfortunately, I can't keep the pace, maybe it's the humidity, or maybe I'm still tired from the weekend running.

I'm developing a little Achilles tightness on my left leg. I've been noticing it for most of November. It isn't painful, just tight after running. The tightness is getting tighter and it is lasting longer. Perhaps it is another symptom of overuse manifesting itself. perhaps, I'm running one too many races. I'll have to take it easy until the 50K.

No more running until Saturday.

Run Summary:

Mile 1: 8:43
Mile 2: 8:14
Mile 3.1: 9:15

Total: 26:13
Pace: 8:27/mile
Shoes: Asics Gel Kayano XI (234.3 miles)

2 comments:

Dirt Runner said...

vanilla ice it twice a day
"ice, ice baby"

bar-bar-a said...

Yes, do whatever Rick says. I'm convinced he knows everything running related.

That would not be cool to miss Sunmart.