Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Memorial Park

Recovery run day. I moved it up a day to burn some calories. My weight on Sunday morning was 174. This morning, it was 180. What the.... Not sure how that happened. Perhaps I'm retaining water. June & Erica, did I look bloated tonight?

It was a perfect early evening for a nice leisurely run. The temperature was perfect, the air quality was perfect, the sky was perfect. To top it all off, I ran into Erica and Junebug. I was settling into a nice recovery run when just after passing two ladies I hear, "Holden?!?!" I turn around and see Erica and June. Way cool. They were doing a 6 miler and were on their first mile also. After chatting for a few minutes, we parted companies and I lost myself in my thought about how I could have gained all that weight. Perhaps the scale is busted.

Run Summary:

5K (yes, I actually found the start and 5K marker today!!!): 29:42
Pace: 9:35/mile
Shoes: Asics Gel kayano XI (207.1 miles)
Heart Rate: 144/min.

Very slow and relaxed. I'm feeling really good right now.

1 comment:

JustJunebug said...

heck no you didnt look bloated! we even talked about that later...how i found it interesting for a guy to have known he gained 5 lbs since Sunday. I didnt know guys weighed themselves to be honest! especially when they are obviously thin!