Sunday, November 19, 2006

HMSA 25K

What a difference a year makes. My time from last year's run was 3:02:31. This year's time was 2:19:29. Of course, cooler weather makes a lot of difference. Today's weather was pretty close to being perfect.

Summary:

Mile 1: 8:41
Mile 2: 8:30
Mile 3: 9:01
Mile 4: 8:20
Mile 5: 9:29
Mile 6: 8:50
Mile 7: 8:40
Mile 8: 9:15
Mile 9: 8:56
Mile 10: 9:04
Mile 11: 9:02
Mile 12: 8:50
Mile 13: 9:23
Mile 14: 9:08
Mile 15: 9:36
Balance: 4:39

Total: 2:19:29
Pace: 8:55/mile
Shoes: Asics Gel Kayano XI (204 miles)

I'd like to take this moment to thank all those that read my blog and dropped by to say "Hi." You guys all rock. I'm always pleasantly surprised when a runner approaches me to say "Hi." I think I need to work on my manners when these situations present itself. Just so you guys know, the stunned deer in the headlight look is due to not being prepared to greet you.

I met Bill Cox today for the first time. First familiar face I saw today was Broadway Joe Carey. Then it was Steve Bezner and Vic Kaiser at the Strider tent. While waiting for my turn at the port-a-potty I met the famous Jon Walk and his daughter Waverly. Jon is still on injured reserve so today he had his reporter's hat on. Shortly thereafter, I bet Bar-Bar-A, Jennifer Kim and Steeeve. I was looking for Jessica as I was going to stalk her for the race and try to bolt out at the last half mile.

I never made the fourth loop. The pace I kept did not make it conducive for an extra loop.

The only bad part of today's experience came during the second loop. I started to feel the onset of ITBS on my right leg. It never became a full bore pain but it was on the periphery of my consciousness during the entire run. I'm thinking that I'll need to curtail a bulk of my running for the next few weeks and switch to swimming and biking. We shall see.

Have a nice rest of the weekend World (at least for those who are still on this side of the international date line)!

6 comments:

JustJunebug said...

you kicked booTAY!!! great seeing you do so well!!!!!!

bar-bar-a said...

It was great to see you Holden!

I tend to say really dumb things after a race because my brain quits working after an hour or so of running, so you can imagine it was long gone by after the race.

I think I saw half the bloggers today in the bathroom line.

Anonymous said...

Great running, Holden! Race management agrees the 4 mile marker came on too quick, so your splits are even smoother than they appear.

Steeeve

Sarah said...

DAAAAAAANG Holden. 45 minutes faster than last year? You're insane!! That's so awesome.

TX Runner Girl said...

Gret job today Holden! By the way, I'm the doofus that yelled your name on your 2nd loop and then just stood there...I wasn't sure if that was you and then was surprised that it actually was! Great to "meet" you!

atownrunner said...

nice running Holden. good job, especially after SA last week.