Saturday, November 04, 2006

About 9 miles at about 45 degrees

Had to get up at 5 this morning to meet with my yellow group. After downing a half toasted plain bagel with honey, I drove over to Market Street and shivered my way over to Jamba Juice. We were trying to re-live the 10 miler. To stay warm, my attire included a Houston Strider singlet and a long sleeve running shirt. For the lower extremities, just a regular running shorts. The hands were a little cold in the beginning but by the second mile, everything was humming within normal parameters.

Summary:

Distance: About 9 miles
Time: 1:22:02
Pace: About 9:06/mile

The pace looks a little faster than normal but with the cooler temps, I think I was booking a little faster than usual without too much ill effects. Again, all reporting stations within my body kept reporting that it was operating within normal parameters.

I'm now looking forward to the San Antonio Half Marathon next weekend. Should the conditions be right, I think I will shoot for a sub 2 hour finish. The whole family is travelling with me. We'll be staying at the Hilton Palacio del Rio. I'm hoping this hotel is within walking distance to the starting area.

Have a nice weekend America!

No comments: