Thursday, November 23, 2006

2006 Run Through The Woods 5 Miler

Just a quick post as I need to get involved in getting the house ready for Thanksgiving dinner.

Another glorious running weather day. I think the announcer said that over 4000 registered runners participated today. I lined up where I thought an 8:30 miler should be at. It turned out to be pretty accurate. I passed as many as those that passed me and by the 2nd mile, not many passed me or got passed by me.

Summary:

Mile 1: 7:50
Mile 2: 7:53
Mile 3: 7:54
Mile 4: 8:50
Mile 5: 9:34

Total: 42:03:88
Pace: 8:24/mile
Shoes: Asics Gel Kayano XI (212.1 miles)

I thought I exerted the same effort for the whole race but my perception did not seem to jibe with my time. Consistent first 3 miles and slower last 2 miles. I've heard from Jon Walk that the course might have been slightly longer than 5. Perhaps 5.2. If it was indeed 5.2, my pace would have been 8:05/mile.

Met many folks today. But right now, I hear my wife calling me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

K said...

Great times, Holden! Nice to meet you today.

WalkSports.com said...

Read this entry -

http://stevemagness.blogspot.com/

He was today's winner.

Day Dreamer said...

Great job!, and good idea to heed the call of the wife. :)

Happy Thanksgiving. Keep it up!

Sam

bar-bar-a said...

Oh my gosh Holden. You are just blowing away those splits lately aren't you?

I finally got within range of you the other day by pulling in some low 8's and now you're throwing up high 7's.

I can hear you saying "you can't catch me!" in the background...

Holden said...

Hi bar-bar-a! I'm not sure where those high 7's came from. Either I'm getting faster or my Timex is slowing down......