Friday, October 13, 2006

Final Tune Up for 10 4 TX

Tuesday evening, I ran my final tune up for the 10 Miler. Well, I was going to run a quick 5K on Thursday as the final tune up but that schedule conflicted with a night out at Smith and Wollensky's on Westheimer. So Tuesday it was.

5K Dash

Mile 1: 8:59
Mile 2: 8:20
Mile 3: 8:15
0.1: 0:47

Elapsed: 26:22

Pace: 8:30/Mile

Mellow Yellow coach Cooper sent out an email with pacing information. Told us to try either going all out or trying out our marathon paces. Also subtly hinted that if we cannot maintain 10 minutes/mile pace at this 10 miler, we need to assess our fitness and and fess up to reality. Like getting kicked out of the group.... With that threat looming over my big head, I shall be fully focused.

All joking and seriousness aside, 10 minute pace translates to 4:22 marathon time. I need to concentrate a little harder on this running business if I want to get there.

By the way, I signed up to run the Houston Half at the end of the month. I also signed up to run the Houston Marathon. Waited too long to run the Disney. Shame, shame.

Bar Bar A, sorry for not blogging through the Blackberry as promised. I have no excuse.

Finally, my weight this morning registered at 173.8 lbs. That rocks.

Double finally, I have not had any ITBS issues since starting the lunges with 8 lb weight on each hand. I'm up to 30 lunges per leg. I'm a lunging maniac at the Y now.

Have a great weekend of running everyone, especially Vic Kaiser, may your first 10 miler be a memorable one.

No comments: