Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Intervals!

Memorial Park was practically empty this evening around 6PM. It rained a little earlier and apparently, a lot of fair weather runners decided to chuck it for a nice dinner in front of their flat panel Tee Vees. I would have joined them except that the temp this evening was on the very cool side of Houston. Plus, I got to try out an interval workout of 8 X 30 - 30. After 10 minute warm up jog, I let it loose. Ran as fast as I could. Funny thing was, there was this fast lady running in front of me and I could not for the life of me catch up to her normal cruising pace with my full gallop. Sigh. 30 on, 30 recovery run, 8 times in a row. By the last one, I was getting pretty winded. Lord knows what I'd do if these were 8 X 60 - 60.

Weather definitely was runner friendly. Felt really good after circumnavigating the park.

Run Summary:

Distance: 2.9 miles
Time: 27:31
Pace: 9:29/mile
Heart Rate: 180 (after last interval)
Shoes: 67 miles on Asics Gel Kayano XI

No comments: