Monday, September 04, 2006

45 Minutes Says The Yellow Schedule

Labor Day. Thank goodness for 3 day weekends. Stepping outside, I was greeted by cooler air. Wow. Ran the first 3 miles with Fran and then went ahead to finish off the remainder of my 45 minute run. We had overcast sky with steady breeze during the entire run. I felt like I could run forever. I hope this cooler weather is here to stay. Another affirmation that Houston is a great place to live during September through May.

Not knowing what to do with the excess energy, right after the run, I took our dog for a walk, then biked to a donut shop (4 miles away) with the rest of the family. This on top of a 1 mile swim I did last night at the Y. Hopefully, all this neutralized the drinking and eating I did Saturday night, which included a big ass steak I grilled, baked potatoes, french bread, salad, deserts, Dos Equis and Becks Oktoberfest Bier.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I am loving this weather. Who knew such a wonderful thing was possible the first week of September?

I am so looking forward to 10 miles on Saturday if it stays like this!