Saturday, September 23, 2006

10 Miles with the Woodlands Fit

10 Miles with the Fit group today. It was 83 degrees and terribly humid at 6 AM when we all met. Trudging out of the parking lot, breathing the watery air, I started to sweat almost immediately. This was a very difficult run. As the day got lighter, the stifling air seemed to get hotter. Not much of a breeze either. Oh well. After almost 2 hours what seemed like running in the sauna, I was able to return to the Y.

Run stats:

Distance: 10 Miles
Time: 1:52:08
Pace: 11:12min/mile
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano XI (90.6 miles)

I'm hoping the cooler weather will get here soon. It was really great running earlier in the week when the temps and the humidity was really pleasant.

5 comments:

Dirt Runner said...

I thought the cooler weather was here alread!

Bill D said...

I saw you out there today.....

I couldn't slow down on Lake Woodlands to say hi

Your group looked pretty good.

TX Runner Girl said...

The heat this weekend was brutal. I am looking forward to some LRs in real fall weather!

Holden said...

How sad Sunday was such a great running weather. Too bad for me.

Barbara said...

One of the runners in our group asked my opinion if they missed our 12-miler this weekend (we did 12 2 weeks ago in the heat...). I told her I was sure she'd already passed the test.

It'll be long this weekend, but Vic assures me we'll have much better weather.