Friday, August 11, 2006

Master Runner

I woke up this morning and found myself in a new age bracket. A Master runner! A part of me is freaking out that I am now 40. What can you do? Time marches on relentlessly. I am getting inspiration from Dean Karnazes' 50-50-50 challenge. I wonder if I should do a similar one but at a little more leisurely pace. 50 Marathons in 50 States in 50 Months. Can I do it? Do I want to do it? Is that a big enough challenge? I'll put a little more thought into it but I think I'll be ready to start this challenge by January of 2007. What will I prove? What if I fail? Who cares? Sounds like fun! (A little freakin' expensive too I might add).

My first Master's race will be tomorrow at the Run The Woodlands 5K race. Come by and wish me a belated happy birthday. I'll be giving out free hugs to the ladies!!!

6 comments:

Cassie (TIGGS) said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!

WalkSports.com said...

Happy Birthday Holden!

Sam Thompson, though, is going to beat Deano to the punch. He is getting close to finishing the feat before Karnazes starts.

Check out http://50in50in50.com/

jamoosh said...

Happy Birthday. Welcome to my age group. Since I ran my first marathon at 40, I considered trying to get to 50 by my 50th Birthday. However, based upon doing one seven in five months this year I am re-evaluating that idea. I am not positive I want to put tha much work into my running.

Donna said...

Happy Birthday!

atownrunner said...

Welcome to the Masters age group. Are you losing your memory already? You seem to have forgotten to post about the race yesterday...geez.

Bar-bar-a said...

Somehow I lost the feed to your blog and just saw this post for the first time. Which means I "didn't get no stinkin' hug"! Darn it.

Happy belated birthday! I was once as young as you. The 40's so far is working out to be a great decade; hope it is for you too.