Monday, August 14, 2006

Back To My Regularly Scheduled Program

This is a test post from my Blackberry. If this works, I'll be able to post more regularly.

Saturday run was a lot of fun! First, my wife Frannie ran in her first road race! Woo Hoo! She clocked in under 29 minutes which is very impressive! Muy Macha!

I also got to meet a whole bunch folks, Jon, Waverly, Professional man, Joe and Gerlinde, Edwin and Donna, Tiggs and Manny, Vic, Bar-Bar-A, Sarah, Suzie and her gang, David Smart and Nicolas and Mr. Bill Dwyer himself. (Hope I didn't miss anyone)

27:02 was my time.
Mile 1; 7:54
Mile 2: 8:58
Mile 3: 9:20
0.1: 0:49

I guess I'm out of shape or have totally neglected speed work. Both statements are correct.

I think Francesca is hooked! She told me later that she never thought running a race would be so much fun. She is now wondering if she might be able to run a 10K race. LOL. My next goal is to take her to a 5K race with bib numbers and timing chip. That should be pretty cool.

As for today's easy run, I brought everything down to Houston with me except for the running shoes. Such a dunce....

6 comments:

Cassie (TIGGS) said...

it was great to meet fran!! now she needs a blog!

Keith said...

Why go through all the baby steps? She should sign up for the Houston Marathon right now.

Good seeing you both on Saturday.
Rock on.
Keith.

Bar-bar-a said...

Cool Holden! It works! I'm expecting multiple posts per day now. I missed the post where you ran another 4 miles after the race.

:)

It was great to see you again and to meet your wife! There's a chip timed 5k in Spring next month at Klein High School.

Vic said...

Awesome to see you, Holden and Fran. WTG, Fran. Awesome time. You too Holden. You've got the right idea about a 5K with chips and bibs and goodies, pre and post. Houston Press 5K has massages pre and post. :)

Sarah said...

Yay Fran! And Holden! Woo!

atownrunner said...

great running - both of ya!! Nice seeing both of you Sat.