Saturday, August 26, 2006

6 Miles With The Yellow Fever Group

Back with the Woodlands Fit Group and concrete pounding. Today's distance was reduced somewhat from the aggressive pace we had been on for the last month and a half. 6 miles sound refreshingly short and half way into the run, I was very glad for it. This morning's temperature was in the low to mid 70's, which is normal for this time of the year. The air however was very thick with moisture. I was sweating so much that by the end of the race, my relatively new Kayano's were uncomfortably wet with sweat. Yuck! I also had to incorporate 3 walk breaks during the last 3 miles to keep myself from over heating. Looking back, I am glad I walked a bit, the ending heart rate was 180, an unusually high number me. (Normal: 150 after a long run)

Coach tells us that we will be running 9 miles next Saturday. Coach wants us to be ready for a strong 10 miler race in October, 10 for Texas. I am actually looking forward to this race, as I have yet to run a race in The Woodlands.

Run Summary:

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 54:49
Pace: 9:08/mile
Heart beat: 180/min
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano XI, 50.4 miles

1 comment:

Vic said...

That'll be a nice race on your home turf.