Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Gawd, is it HOT or what?

Time: 6:30 PM
Heat Index: Surface of Planet Mercury hot
Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 29:55
Pace: 9:39 (Still in the yellow group range!)
Shoes: Kayano XI: 3.1 miles

I missed Monday's scheduled run. That is, Woodlands Fit's Monday schedule. Feeling guilty about missing the first run on the very first day still did not get me out of bed in time this morning for the second run. Thus missing my second scheduled run shamed me into running after work during the hottest part of the day. It got so hot that with half mile left to go, I took off my shirt and ran topless. It was invigorating for about 3 blocks before the heat caught up to me again. Yet, I now understand a little, why some folks feel the need to streak.

Unfortunately, with times like these, I'm not going to be helping my team beat 7 Hills runners come August 12th.

4 comments:

Vic said...

Hey, Holden, don't worry. There won't be too many PR's set on August. I even saw on one person's blog that they have PR's and August PR's. Separate records. I thought that was great.

Barbara said...

Hey I ran topless today too! (but not bra-less...)

jamoosh said...

You have to wonder who's brilliant idea it was to have a race in August...

Anonymous said...

Yep, going shirtless is the way to go