Thursday, July 27, 2006

Around Memorial Park

The mellow yellow group schedule called for 35 minute run. So it was 17:30 minutes around clock wise direction and then 17:30 minutes in the counter clockwise direction. It was 91 degrees with light breeze and a lot of humidity. My left leg was bothering me a lot but hey, it was softer gravel surface rather than my typical concrete sandwich so I told the leg to suck it up and function as God intended it to. This time, I brought along a small water bottle to cool me down a bit so as to avoid Monday's humiliating overheating. Guess what. It worked.

Tomorrow is Friday and I'm going to take it easy. This week, I have worked out everyday so far. What has gotten into me? I hope the leg isn't too sore for Saturday's planned 5 mile run with the Yellow Fit Group.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holden,

If your legs actually do respond when you give them direct instructions, next time tell them to run 4:30 miles. Just a thought :-)

Steeeve

Cassie (TIGGS) said...

Holden- so are you running w/ houston fit or woodlands fit?? confuzzled...

Vic said...

After running at Memorial for a couple of years, I finally discovered the shower by the tennis center. I've always seen it but I used it a couple weeks ago and IT'S AWESOME!!! It's actually cold. Don't know where it comes from but it's cold.

Holden said...

Hi Cassie! I'm running with the Woodlands Fit group. However, since I work near Memorial Park, I go there to run after work during weekdays.

Steeeve! What a novel thought! I'll try that tomorrow and see if I can blow away my Yellow group!!!!