Sunday, June 04, 2006

Run Logs

Thursday Morning:

Distance: 6.07 Miles
Time: 58:02
Pace: 9:33/mile
Shoes: GT-2110 (64 miles)

Comment: Humid. I was struggling during the last mile. Heart rate peaked to 174. I'm still not feeling very comfortable with GT-2110. I had better luck with GT-2100 and with Gel-Kayano XI. I might have to switch shoes before it too long.


Sunday Morning:

Distance: 12.4 Miles
Time: 2:08:05
Pace: 10:19/mile
Shoes: GT-2110 (74.6 miles)

Comment: Not as humid. Started my run at 6:30 AM in hopes of finishing before it got hotter. The run was pleasant until about 7:30 when the sun started to rise over the trees. Thus, the second half of the run was a little hotter. Heart rate started to shoot up to around 174 again. I tried on a thicker sock and re-adjusted my shoe laces today as an adjustment and it did the trick. The shoe was a non-issue today. The pace was a little slower than I would have liked. Perhaps on my next run, I'll start out at 5:30 AM to beat the heat.

Still undecided on whether to join The Woodlands Fit group. Fortunately, I still have time to decide.

I have been blogging about running for a year now, (June 9th, 2005 was my first post) and boy have I come a long way. Back then, I had no idea my blogging experiment would be what it is now. Since then, I have accomplished many distances with help from many new friends I've met through the blogosphere, learnt how to deal with various injuries and most importantly, learnt that all runners, fast and slow deal with same running and life issues. For this, I am truly grateful.

Run well and live well.

3 comments:

Cassie (TIGGS) said...

So wait, what is the prob with the shoes?? I can feel the ground too much through mine..make the ball of my foot sore..

Holden said...

I was having problem getting them to "fit" right. It always felt lose on my left foot. Lacing tighter just cut off circulation.

jamoosh said...

Woodlands Fit - Do it.

As a coach of Houston Fit, I can honestly say that you will not regret it.