Saturday, June 10, 2006

RTW 5K

I woke up just in time to pedal myself over to the RTW 5K site this morning. It was hot and humid already by the start of the race. I met Dave Smart as soon as I got there. The Bowlers were also present. Mr. Sevenhill himself was there also. My goal for today was to try to beat last Tuesday's time. It was not meant to be. I missed it by 2 seconds. It was too hot for me today, by the 3rd mile, I was feeling pretty light headed and had to slow down considerably. Ahhhh, such is summer time racing in Houston.

Mile Splits:

Mile 1: 7:58
Mile 2: 8:08
Mile 3: 8:51
0.1 Mile: 0:43

Total: 25:42
Pace: 8:26/mile
Shoes: Asics GT-2110 (88.7 miles)

I ran with my grey Strider singlet. It is the airiest thing I have in my running attire. Even with it, I overheated on the 3rd mile. Perhaps being topless will allow me to maintain my pace during the last mile.

A well deserving shout out goes to Suzy Schreiber, the local manager of Luke's Locker. She does a tremendous job of managing this race. She is there almost every race working the timer, shouting out encouragements and giving out neat gifts. Check out her store. It is located in The Woodlands Marketplace. There should be a big sale going on right now. Be sure to say Hi to Suzy!

2 comments:

Vic said...

Nice race Holden.

Dave Smart said...

Enjoyed the run and fun, glad you were there!