Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sands of Corpus

Early morning beach, Padre Island, near Corpus Christi.

Busy times continue. Even the weekends are packed with commitments and activities. The coolest thing we did on Sunday was to go crabbing at Bolivar Peninsula. Took off way early Sunday morning and got back in time to eat them crabs for lunch.

Not many fun runs unfortunately. Squeezed a very short 5K run Sunday evening and a 6 miler this morning.

The Usual Facts:
5K Fun Run:

Time: 27:09
Mile 1: 8:56
Mile 2: 8:52
Mile 3: 8:37
0.1: 0:43
Pace: 8:45/mile
Shoes: GT-2110, 10.7 miles
Comment: I still remembered how to negative split even though the time was way off from P.R.

6.07 Mile Fun Run

Time: 58:03
Pace: 9:33/mile
Shoes:€ GT-2110, 16.7 miles
Comment: Today was one of the most humid days of the year. I sweated profusely despite running at 6AM.

I hope everyone else's run training is going well. Mine sure could use a boost. I'm contemplating joining the Woodlands Fit group. The only thing holding me back right now is the fact that I might be out of town a lot during the summer. We'll see.

Happy concrete trails!

2 comments:

jamoosh said...

I would recommend Woodlands Fit. Even if you cannot show up every Saturday, it is worth it just to have a group to keep you going when you are in town and additional people to keep you honest when you are out of town as they tune into your blog to see how you are doing.

Erica said...

One of the reasons I joined "Kenyan Way" is because there is no way I would do speedwork and hillwork on my own during the summer... hell, I'll be running on days I'm not going to run but will run because I paid the money!