Sunday, May 14, 2006

Coffee

I've kicked my old coffee addiction last year. Prior to that, I always took a stainless coffee mug with 16 oz of coffee on my drive to work. Without it, I would develop a nasty headache and be lethargic for the rest of the day. I decided to kick the habit because it did not go well with early morning runs. However, this does not mean I've sworn off coffee. That would be hard. Afterall, I still like and enjoy the therapeutic value of a good cup of joe. I still drink one or two cups a week. Since I drink it so sparingly, when I do have a cup, it is mostly with premium varieties with some cinnamon sprinkled on it. Looking back, running has helped me break my last habit for a new one. Running is my new habit. Hopefully, I can keep this one for a while.

Saturday afternoon run....

There was too much commitment during Saturday morning to even think about planning a run. I briefly thought about postponing the run until Sunday morning but thought I should run whenever an opportunity presented itself. So against better judgment, I left the house for a dry 92 degree late afternoon run.

Distance: 7.55 miles
Time: 1:15:38
Pace: 9:59/mile
Shoes: 31.8 miles (GT-2110)

Several walk breaks were necessary to compensate for heat and being tired in general. Left ankle also started to hurt. Today (Sunday), I'm having a mild walking issue due to the same ankle.

1 comment:

Jessica, a Houston Runner said...

i, too feel the same way about coffee. i had a double last night though and was up til 2:30am!! not good for before bedtime...but always great in the AM or after lunch.

my goal is to PR with under 24:00 in a 5k too...wish i was going to be there in aug. hope to see you soon!