Thursday, May 04, 2006

Blur of a week

This week has been chugging along at a fast clip.
Packed schedule. Couldn't find time to run until Wednesday night.

Distance: 7.55 miles
Time: 1:10:17
Pace: 9:18/mile
Temp: 82
Shoes: 7.55 miles (Asics GT-2110)

Tired. I was tired. I had to drag myself out of the house. I finally broke out the new shoes. New running shoes are amazingly cushiony (is that a word?). Feet and ankles felt fine after the run. It seems my IT band pain is making a comeback. It didn't flare up during the run but I think I'm heading towards one again. Sigh.

Red eye. My right eye has been irritated since last weekend. I finally broke down and went to see my ophthalmologist. The same dude that lasiked my eyes 2 years ago. After much prodding, he told me he wasn't sure what was wrong with me. He says, sometimes, eyes just flare up for reasons unknown. He prescribed me $63 steroid drops to inhibit swelling. Great. Swelling is now down but the eye is still red. I have to go back next week. Crap.

1 comment:

Dave Smart said...

Glad to see you've been able to fit in some runs...and new shoes. Maybe you'll get another 7+ races out of these too!